Spotify officially announced its own student discount a long while ago – there is a 50% discount on Spotify. In this article we’ll show everything that you need to know Spotify for students.
With Spotify, you can listen to music online from all imaginable genres via streaming. If you have a Spotify Premium account, you can listen to music on your mobile or PC without any commercial breaks or additional ads. Thanks to the Spotify Student Plan, students receive a discount on the Premium Access. If you want to use this discount, however, some conditions must be met to get Spotify student premium discount, which we’ll present below.
- How much is Spotify Student cost?
- How to Get Student Discount on Spotify 2020
- Spotify Student Plan: Registration, Eligibility Conditions, Evidence, and Term
- Spotify Student Plan: Conditions, Proof, And Duration
How much is Spotify Student cost?
Instead of the usual rate of $9.99, students who meet the requirements only pay $4.99 per month as Spotify student pricing. This plan allows access to the complete ad-free program with around 20 million songs in the Spotify catalog.
How to Get Student Discount on Spotify 2020
This guide has all information about the Spotify student discount requirements and registration process. Without giving further ado lets see how to Get Spotify Premium for Student in 2020.
The first requirement is to be enrolled at a US Title IV accredited college or university. This must be proven through the student discount platform Unidays. A one-time registration is required on this website. Once you’re registered here, you’re good to go!
No extension in the 2nd year allowed
However, You may have this question on your mind How long does spotify student last? Well the Student plan has a little catch: The subscription is limited to 12 months. After this time period, you’ll have to pay for a premium subscription for the usual fee of $9.99 if you want to keep listening to the entire song library without ads. A downgrade to Spotify Free account, with limited content and advertising, is entirely possible. But a further extension of the Student Plan, even if you study in the second or third year at university, is excluded – you can only use this plan for one year.
Spotify Student Plan: Registration, Eligibility Conditions, Evidence, and Term
The Spotify Student Plan brings you the Spotify Premium service at half price. Currently, you only pay $4.99 per month to enjoy unlimited, ad-free music via streaming with the Spotify web player, app or desktop client.
Spotify Premium for Students: These are the conditions
The following conditions apply to Spotify Student:
- To use Spotify Student, you need a UNiDAYS account. You can sign up directly online via the Spotify website.
- Needless to say, you also have to be studying at a US Title IV accredited college or university.
- The Student Plan is available for a maximum of one year.
- After expiry of the student’s term, the service can be used, either paying for the ad-free premium version or using the free version with advertising.
- To prove your university affiliation, you must sign up with your university e-mail address at Unidays.
- Then, you can register an already existing Spotify account for the student program or alternatively create a new account.
- Signing up for Spotify Student Plan is also possible at a later date. The student discount will be available for the next billing period of the Premium subscription.
- There are not any differences in what the Spotify premium student has to offer, compared to the premium model.
- Spotify vouchers cannot be used to pay for the Spotify Student Plan.
Spotify Student Plan: Conditions, Proof, And Duration
At the end of the discounted student term, Spotify automatically switches to the premium account. If you do not want to pay the full price for streaming, you can cancel your Premium subscription and continue to use the free version. As with the normal service, the notice period applies until the end of the period already paid. If the Spotify Student Plan is canceled within the discount period, i.e. within the 12 first months, you can reactivate the Student Plan for the remaining time at a later date.
If you experience problems signing up or canceling, you can contact Spotify Support. If you want to delete your account on Spotify, we explain to you how to do this in other articles.