Android is one of the most open and customizable mobile operating systems, but that can leave it vulnerable to security issues, especially when we carry around so much of our personal information on our devices.
While there are built-in settings you can change to better protect your device, let’s take a look at some of the best apps you can use.like hushed,
This app saves your mobile number and email .I know it’s unusual these days to actually use our smartphones as phones, but sometimes it’s necessary. How many times though have you had to give away your phone number, only to end up on the receiving end of cold callers?
You can prevent this by using Hushed, an app that allows you to create burner — or temporary – phone numbers. This means that if you need to fill in a marketer’s form, or give out your phone number to a buyer on craigslist, you can do so without fear of spam or harassment on your real phone number.
No swapping SIMS
- A simple, phone number changer app for iOS and Android.
Pay as you go
- No contracts, no minimum terms, no penalties, no worries.
- Get a burner number when you need it, starting at $2 a number.
Text SMS & MMS
- Anonymous texting, picture and video messages anywhere in the US, Canada, or the UK.
- Inbound and outbound calling at great rates, from 15¢/m.
And the best part? If you do end up with a load of nuisance calls, you can just delete the number and create a new one.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows you to browse the web without giving away who you are or where you are from — information easily gleaned from your IP address, as well as all your browsing habits.
Using a VPN minimizes the amount of data that 3rd parties can collect about you, and it protects your privacy even from your own Internet Service Provider.
One of our favorite VPNs is NordVPN because it takes your privacy seriously by not logging browsing data. Plus, it’s multi-platform and just recently launched on Android after a public beta.
NordVPN allows you to connect to 548 servers in 49 countries to anonymize your browsing. One of its best features though is “Smart-Play”, a connection to a specific server that allows you to use streaming services with a reliable and fast connection.
- NordVPN’s Double VPN technology encrypts data not once, but twice. It’s the tightest security in the industry, and it’s only available on NordVPN.
- Join the NordVPN network of 559 worldwide server locations in 49 different countries. We cover every continent except Antarctica. But only because penguins just don’t get the Internet.
- You know how the world looks when you’re riding in an F1 racer? Yeah, neither do we. But we bet it’s a lot like video streaming and browsing with NordVPN.
- NordVPN never logs where you go on the Internet. If anyone asks, the best we can do is shrug our shoulders. And we like it that way.
|NordVPN offers 1 Year premium subscription at just 48$|
Google is almost without a doubt the most popular search engine, with people even using “to google” as a generic term for searching the web. This position is further reinforced by its status as the default search engine on Android, especially if you are using the Google Now launcher.
While this convenient access to the world’s largest search engine is useful, it may not be best for your privacy, considering the amount of data the search giant holds about you and your search habits.
But if you want to protect yourself from Google’s prying eyes, there are alternatives. Take DuckDuckGo for example, which doesn’t record or track any data about your searches.
While you can always navigate to the DuckDuckGo website, they do have an Android app that you can use for searches, and a more private browsing experience. The app also has a search bar widget that you can add to your homescreen for quick access.